Monday, October 4, 2010

The Pulpwood Queen Announces FALL BACK INTO READING at A Good Blog is Hard to Find and MORE!


Dear Readers,

I run this southern author blog outfit but goodness, gracious, I'm an author on the go!  SO!  We had a lapse in author blogs, I am making up for it and now we are back on schedule!  First the photos!

The bottom photo is taken at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina.  Author, Deeanne Gist of "Maid to Match", a Houston, Texas author had an open invitation to take a "Getaway with Deeanne" at the Biltmore!  This was the Ultimate Girlfriend and Booklover getaway as we not only were able to experience the Biltmore Estate from top to bottom of the home to every end of the all the fascinating places on the estate we had our sparkly southern author to lead us!  Author, Deanne is the third person on your left!  I'm that READhead in the back!

Now her book "Maid to Match" was set at the Biltmore and girlfriends, why didn't I think of this.  Note to author, set your book where you most want to go, hehhhehee!  For more photos and story go to www.deeannegist.com!

Now that reminds me of more Girlfriend Getaways that are involving authors and books.  Check out my Event page at www.beautyandthebook.com for all the many literary loving adventures I am planning through the next coming year including, Books Alive and Girlfriend Weekend in Jefferson, Texas featuring authors, Sam Bracken, Echo Garrett, Pat Conroy, Fannie Flagg, Rick Bragg, Mark Childress, Marshall Chapman to name just a few as close to 75 author featured at those two little ole literacy promoting shindigs.

Then if that isn't enough, check out my Pulpwood Queen Cruise to the Bahamas with the authors and so far booked to go are authors, Echo Garrett, M.L. Malcolm, and Deeanne Gist.  Friend me on Facebook at Kathy Louise Patrick and I'll send you the cruise info!  It's going to be amazing! I have already almost two dozen signed up and we launch that cruise, June 24 - 27, 2011 out of Miami, Florida!

Last is the photo of Nashville born and raised author, Sam McLeod, who wrote "Big Appetite: My Southern Friend Search for the Meaning of Life", which currently stands as the #1 Bestseller on my Pulpwoodqueen Top Twenty Countdown of Bestsellers for September at www.pulpwoodqueen.com!  You'll recognize many of you there!  That's Sam McLeod, my minister, Allison Byerley, me, Sara Whittaker, my co-youth leader and youth group members, Sarah Jones and Paige Huntington of the First United Methodist Church of Jefferson, Texas.  Sam spoke and brought in The Waffle House to serve a breakfast dinner for this fundraiser to help pay for our NEW Youth Group Building!  We raised over $2,000 because of this southern author who also just happens now to live in Walla Walla, Washington.  You see great things and good can happen when you feature southern authors and all share a meal!  We learned that COMMUNITY can do good works and so can our Southern Author COMMUNITY!  Thanks for joining us!

Next up will be all our authors writing of their most beloved books, favorite author and who their best friend is that is an author!  It's the story behind their stories so stay tuned tomorrow as we begin this NEW southern author reading journey.  What are you waiting for?  Reading changes lives so please share with all your friends and remember!  A book is a gift that keeps on giving and this blog does too, share it big time everyday!

Last, heading out this week to the southern festivals of all festivals, The Southern Festival of the Book in Nashville as moderating two panels on Friday and Saturday, The Pulpwood Queen Presents the BEST in Southern Authors!  I hope to meet and greet, mingle and tingle with all my NEW and old bookloving friends there!  It's FALL back into reading time and nobody, I mean nobody is as excited as ME!

Your NEW Southern Author Blogger Fearless Leader!
Kathy L. Patrick
Author of "The Pulpwood Queens' Tiara Wearing, Book Sharing Guide to Life", Grand Central Publishing
Founder of  the largest "meeting and discussing" book club in the world, The Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys!
www.beautyandthebook.com to join the fastest growing book club in the world!
www.pulpwoodqueen.com, my daily to weekly blog with PHOTOS!
www.readinggroupguides.com, of which I periodically contribute and an excellent resource for readers!

1 comment:

nreddick said...

I hope you had a great time in Nashville. I used to go every year and one year I did a reading. I miss Tennessee!!!
Niles