Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Rejection of Christmas Past








If you’re reading this post about rejection, I expect you’re either:

A) A writer like myself looking to read some good war stories and perhaps find inspiration for your own writing.

B) A nice person who is genuinely interested in books and writers.

Or

C) A sadomasochist, which may also qualify you for category A.


Three things I’ve learned in fifteen years of writing and with five novels to my credit:

1) Only a very small percentage of what comes out of my brain is inspired in any way, shape, or fashion.

2) Only a semi-chaotic, back-and-forth process of rejection between a trusted group of readers--not to mention agent, editors, publishers--and myself produces writing with which I am truly satisfied.

3) What scares me about a blog is that no one ever rejects my posts.



Peace, Happy Holidays, and Merry Christmas to all.

(That guy born in the manger two thousands years ago? Now there was someone who ended up rejected.)

www.andystraka.com


No comments: