Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Pulpwood Queen says, "Pinch me, I'm dreaming!"






Dear Readers.

From top to bottom: Authors, Mark Childress, Sonny Brewer, Marshall Chapman, Fannie Flagg, Pat Conroy and Mary McDonagh Murphy

Yes, those are my Keynote Speakers for my 11th Anniversary Girlfriend Weekend which begins this Thursday evening, January 13 - 16. 2011 here in historic Jefferson, Texas.  Last night my husband, Jay, daughter, Madeleine and I took a break in preparations of the book club convention to go see the film COUNTRY STRONG starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Tim McGraw.  Though we enjoy those celebrities we truly went to see Marshall Chapman, as she is the headliner for our show on Friday night of Girlfriend Weekend.  Marshall portrayed Winnie, Gwyneth Paltrow's characters agent in the film in which she had a big presence. 

Will somebody pinch me, I do believe I am dreaming.  There is something hard to express about seeing someone you know and love on the big screen.  I mean, WOWZER!

Marshall is just one of the almost 70 authors coming in for my biggest book club convention I have ever done.  She has a NEW film. NEW CD Big Lonesome, and now a NEW book, They Came to Nashville!  How did I ever get so lucky?

AND you may not even know that Marshall Chapman wrote a song along with Kathi Kamen Goldmark of their experience of coming to my Girlfriend Weekend, I Want My Hair Considered, that I now have published at the beginning of my book, "The Pulpwood Queens' Tiara Wearing, Book Sharing Guide to Life".

AND it keeps getting better and better, for the first time EVER, Marshall Chapman, Kathi Kamen Goldmark, I are going to sing that song at Girlfriend Weekend!

That is just a few minutes of a weekend that has now become the best bookloving party of my life! 

So, if you think reading is homework, or boring, or just not very entertaining then mark your calendar for the third weekend in January when I hold my Girlfriend Weekend every year!  You see this year we are SOLD OUT except for the Film Fest on Sunday, email kathy@beautyandthebook.com for tickets!

The Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Clubs who host this author extravaganza, their sole mission is to promote authors, books, literacy, and reading and have some BIG TIME FUN while we are at it!  I mean how many other book festivals can you go to where they have a dance that we call our "Great Big Ball of Hair" Ball which always has a costume theme for our Grand Finale.  This year IT'S ALL ABOUT THE STORY so everyone is to come as their favorite book character!

Go to http://www.girlfriendweekend.blogspot.com to view the program!  All my life has been about books and it looks like for 2011, all the fruit of my labors will harvest a beautiful bounty!

Happy New Year and let's make this a year where it is indeed, ALL ABOUT THE STORY, and no better place to being to read those stories from than A Good Blog is Hard to Find!

Truly Happy Tales! 
Tiara wearing, Beauty and the Book sharing!
Kathy L. Patrick
www.beautyandthebook.com
www.pulpwoodqueen.com

1 comment:

kjminspace said...

We are very excited about being able to come this weekend. WOW, Women of Words Book Group, has been reading together for 25 years...with six of our original members coming to the weekend!! We have read numerous books over the years written by some of these authors. We are always excited to meet new authors, characters and books. Thanks, Kathy, for this unique opportunity to celebrate our "silver" anniversary at your event. Karen J Massey